Some of my favorite sites:
Wolves, birds, outdoors and recreation
(Thanks! to Anonymomma for the wolf portrait below).
Out in the city for art, museums, and more . . . like Gargoyles!
- Amelia Land. Photo-illustrated walking tours featuring the gargoyles of New York City. Amusing stories abound at The Funhouse, and be sure to check out Amelia's NrrdGrrl page, a previous Cool Site of the Day. Take a trip to Amelialand.
- Vancouver, BC - My Home. No, not mine, but Karin's; follow her links to learn all about the beautiful Canadian city of Vancouver and the province of British Columbia. It'll make you want to start packing your bags and loading up the car . . .
Schnauzer Friends - Matters of the Heart. And now, there's more! Karin's tribute to her four-legged friends, Einstein and Sherman (oh, and a few of the two-legged variety can be found within this site as well). A patient wait while this page loads will bring its rewards.
Karin's Holiday Page. A rotating series of pages on some familiar holidays. Karin has once again done her homework and delights her visitors with a lively and interesting presentation.
- Patricia's Perseverance. Here is one of the web's works of art... a beautiful site. Patti has created an appealing, thoughtful spot to visit while surfing through all those cookie-cutter pages.
- Anonymomma . . . Uh-Oh Momma's got a new domain! View the Momma's art and caricatures, read some poetry, and have a few laughs along the way. Take the bag off and expose the Anonymomma with just one click! This is one of the fun stops along the web. Hey! Take a look at the caricature the Momma did of me!
- Smithsonian Institution.
- Online exhibitions.
- University of the Arts. Yes, I graduated
from there, way back when it was Philadelphia College of Art (PCA)!
- The Philadelphia Museum of Art.
- The Franklin Institute Science Museum.
- Philadelphia's Academy of Natural Sciences.
- LibertyNet. Homepage of the Philadelphia region.
TV, Radio, and News . . .
Music would be nice right about now!
Software Sites . . .
Free fonts for your browser . . .
Several of these fonts are specified within the pages of this site.
Microsoft's Free TrueType Fonts and Utilities If you are using the latest version of Microsoft Internet Explorer or Netscape Navigator to surf the web, you're missing a lot if you don't pick up a free font pack from Microsoft. More and more web sites will be specifying fonts to add visual interest; go get them . . . did I mention they're free?
Check out Microsoft's free type smoother while you're at it.
And a miscellaneous mix . . .
Back to Doug's Web Window